19/53 May 07 2017, 0 Comments
With assistance from the Canada Summer Jobs Program,
Norton's Cove Studio is now accepting applications for one position: Studio Assistant
This position is for 7 weeks at 30 hours/week, $12/hour + vacation pay. During the period of employment, the student will receive free art classes/workshops and an employee discount. Bonus pay may be applicable for exceptional service.
The student will be involved in all daily studio activities:
- assisting with printing lino-cut relief prints
- customer service
- special events
- art classes and workshops
- regular studio maintenance
- giving tours of historic structure
Students of an art program such as Textile Studies, Fine Arts, Art Education, etc., will be preferred.
From Service Canada...
To be eligible to participate in Canada Summer Jobs, individuals must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
- be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act6; and
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Resumes with a cover letter stating the reasons you would like to work at Norton's Cove Studio are being accepted until June 15th. Interviews will take place between June 16th & 18th.
- in person at the studio
- by email email@example.com, or
- by regular mail: P. O. Box 223 Wesleyville, NL A0G 4R0