Live @ Norton's Cove Event Tickets
Norton's Cove Café hosts live music performances about once a month. Here's a lowdown on what to expect when you show up for an event:
- First and foremost, the best professional musicians our province (and beyond) have to offer.
- We have 33 premium seats available, and yes, you can reserve your favourite seats for performances by calling the studio at 709.536.2533
- The kitchen closes with regular service at 8pm, but we do serve drinks, desserts, chippies and nachos after regular hours.
- Tickets cost $15 in advance, all ticket money going directly to the artist. Early bird pricing lasts until 1 week before the show. Last minute tickets are $20 each.
- When purchasing your tickets online, you can pick them up at the venue anytime, including the day of the event.
- You can purchase tickets at the studio.
Tuesday, August 28th 2018
"Mayhemingways emerge within a region ripe with musical reputation in Ontario Canada. Benj Rowland executes lead vocals and employs a mixed bag of folk instruments like banjo, mandolin, accordion, and acoustic guitar. Josh Fewings anchors the tunes on the drums and elevates the melody with harmony vocals. They are a strong musical duo that converges with “Mind-bending and original music with deep roots in the tradition of dark North American folk” (Tom Wilson, Blackie and the Rodeo Kings & Lee Harvey Osmond).
Mayhemingways have experienced a full and fulfilling five years to bring them to present day. The duo released their first EP engineered by James McKenty (Blue Rodeo, Cuff The Duke, The Weber Brothers) in 2013, and followed it up with a full length “Hunter St Blues” produced and engineered by Steve Loree (Ian Tyson, Corb Lund, Petunia). They have voyaged across Canada and back again, and again, and set off for Europe gathering touring miles adding up to more than 600 shows together. Their most recent tour was with acclaimed Canadian rock figure Joel Plaskett and his father Bill on their “Solidarity” release tour which had the Mayhemingways employed as opening act, as well as backing band for the Plaskett's each night.
The duo returned to Steve Loree’s Nanton, Alberta studio during a welcome February Chinook in 2017 to have him produce a new collection of their brand of folk songs. The new album “Skip Land” will be released February 23rd, 2018.